Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pierre et Gilles emulation

Here are the results of my emulation project. As I mentioned on the previous post the style of portraits that Pierre et Gilles do are far from my personal style. However it was a great experience for me, trying to get the "kitsch" look was hard, also I have to accept that I am no painter at all. All that said I have to accept I am not happy with the results, I wanted to work more on the set, put more props in order to create the kind of frames Pierre et Gilles used on their 90's portraits. In the end my emulations were more like the 80's portraits of Pierre et Gilles, with simple light and not complicated compositions.


Discosalope, 2010

Assumption, 2010

Discosalope II, 2010

La vierge de l'espace, 2010

My favorite one, the only one where I think I captured the look and the expression Pierre et Gilles love to portray.

Luchador, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment